Club members take advantage of opportunities for international travel to enhance their understanding and appreciation of the culture and language of the Spanish-speaking world. These exciting travel opportunities are open to Club Español members and their accompanied guests. If any club member has suggestions for a future destination that he or she thinks would be of interest to other club members, the member should contact Jim Khami at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will gather information about it to present to the club for consideration for a future excursion. Club members considering such travel should review the Spanish Club’s Travel Policy.
Prior Club Trips
- 2016: Eighteen members enjoyed a two-week trip to Spain.
- 2017: Thirty-five members participated in an eight-day coach and rail tour to Copper Canyon in northwest Mexico.
- 2018: Seven members participated in an eight-day trip to Peru, including visiting Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu.
- 2018: Thirteen members participated in the one and two week Spanish immersion classes in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
- 2019: Twenty-two members and a guest enjoyed a memorable exploration of Mexico City, including
the Pyramids at Teotihuacán, Floating Gardens of Xochimilco, front-row seats for an exciting
performance of the Ballet Folklórico at the Palace of Fine Arts, and farewell dinner in Montezuma’s
Palace with roaming violins.
- 2019: Five members and a guest enjoyed a one and two-week immersion program in the historic
city of Oaxaca. Four members then joined the rest of the Mexico City travelers at the
conclusion of their immersion program.
- 2020: Spanish Club Travel to Cuba. Unfortunately we found it necessary to cancel our planned Cuba trip; however, we still plan to go once the coronavirus situation resolves.
The spring, 2020 Cuba trip, was cancelled. We are considering doing the trip in March, 2022.
[This page is currently under construction. Its content will change. So, please keep checking back. Thank you for your patience as this page is developed and refined. Email any comments about this page to email@example.com and specify “Content Manager” in the Subject line.]
The Mission of the Spanish Club is to learn the language and appreciate the Hispanic Culture through classes, cultural events, fiestas, and travel.
Updated: March 25, 2021